Our Commercial Department handles all aspects of commercial dealings, including partnership law. (Please see also our separate section on Company Law). We act for a wide range of small to medium size businesses, serving their needs in a variety of commercial transactions. Having also an understanding of business realities, we aim to be considered not only your legal adviser but also one of your commercial partners.
The work of our Commercial Department includes:
- Establishing new businesses - which could include e.g. joint ventures, partnership and Limited Liability Partnership (“LLP”) documentation and other agreements
- Buying an existing business
- Selling your business
- Drafting commercial documents and contracts, including:
- purchase / sale / supply agreements;
- manufacturing, distribution, franchising and agency agreements;
- trial, pilot, research and development contracts; and
- supply terms and conditions of business
- Advising on legal aspects of current businesses and reviewing existing contracts
- Involvement in business sale, purchase, restructuring, or expansion
- Advice on the impact of changes to business law
- Liaison with our Intellectual Property and Information Technology Department on commercial matters involving IP and / or IT elements (please see our separate IP & IT Department section).