Your business will probably have some element of Intellectual Property (“IP”) involved in it. In fact, we, at W. Davies, often find that our clients possess quite a full portfolio of IP assets. These can be as valuable as the more traditional assets of shares and physical property.
You can receive from us the benefit not only of the relevant knowledge of intellectual property law, but also of many years of practical business application experience in the first-hand use of IP Rights.
Therefore, W. Davies can assist you in all stages of the ‘life’ of your IP assets - including their creation, protection, commercialisation, transfer and, if necessary, enforcement - in at least the following areas:
- Copyright (plus Design Rights, Trade Secrets and Know-how)
- Trademarks (and Passing Off)
- Music Licence and Distribution Agreements
- Artist, Media and Publishing (Musicians, Record companies, Visual Artists, Writers and Publishing)
- Franchising & Sponsorship
- Commercialisation of IP rights
- Information Technology, Software & Design Issues (where they link to IP).
You will be fully aware that, today, nobody in business can ignore Information Technology (“IT”) matters. Equally, you will know that because IT and e-commerce have become integral parts of our commercial lives, we must all ensure that we are aware of our opportunities and obligations in these spheres.
To help you meet the challenges, W. Davies can advise on issues blending IT law with business such as:
- Software licences
- Software trial / development agreements
- Support deals
- E-regulatory compliance, including online advertising
- Software-related transactions
- Domain names.
Of course, you can receive the assistance of the W. Davies team to help you to protect your IP rights wherever they arise in your IT-related commercial transactions.
For more information about this please contact David Main at
or Graham Mott on