Conveyancing – Sale Checklist
We have put together a Sales Checklist to help ensure that you do not forget anything when selling your property.
Four Weeks Before:-
- Check your home contents insurance covers removals
- Decide whether to instruct a professional removals firm or move yourself
- Get quotes from removal firms or van hire companies
- If moving yourself, state to collect packing boxes or order them from a suitable supplier
- Consider any arrangements required for pets or small children during the move
- Start to run down the contents of your freezer
One Week Before:-
- Redirect your post and inform insurance companies, your bank, your employer, doctor, and any schools of your upcoming change of address
- Notify your phone, cable company and any credit card supplier when you want your accounts to end at your present address and what your new address will be
- Confirm date and time of the move with the removal company
- Notify friends and family or your move date and new address
- Remember to defrost your freezer
One Day Before:-
- Finish packing
- Arrange meter readings at your existing home and confirm the date for taking over the utilities at your new address.
- Have a box of essentials to hand, e.g. a kettle, tea, coffee, milk, biscuits, toilet paper, bin liners, mobile phone charger, and cleaning items.
If you have any questions about selling a property or would like to make an appointment with one of our conveyancing solicitors in Woking, please contact us on 01483 744900 or email Maureen Ross at email@example.com.
If you are buying a property as well as selling, there will be even more for you to try and remember at such a busy time. We have created a similar checklist for anyone buying a property, which can be accessed here. If you have any questions about our Sale or Purchase Checklist, please feel free to contact us at any time, and we will be happy to help.