Wills, Trusts & Probate
Care of the Elderly
You may be concerned about your care or the management of your affairs as you get older, or perhaps be concerned for the welfare of a friend or relative. There are several ways in which you can make things easier and simpler.
At W Davies we can assist you with:
- Writing a Will and protecting assets against care home fees
- Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Assist with the management of your assets, savings, or investments, as your Attorneys
- Advise on the available options if a relative has lost mental capacity, including assisting with Deputyship Applications
- Advise on the potential benefits available when you or a loved one moves into a care home.
- Review and advise upon care home contracts.
Care Fees – Continuing Care
Continuing Care is a government benefit for individuals who require permanent professional care. If someone is deemed eligible, the Primary Care Trust (i.e. the NHS) would be responsible for payment of their care fees. To obtain Continuing Care is very difficult and can be a lengthy process.
At W Davies, our solicitors can advise you as to whether you or a loved one may be eligible for Continuing Care and can guide you through the processes, benefits and procedures surrounding the move to a care home.