Wills, Trusts & Probate
Many of us do not make a Will. This can lead to unintended consequences and can result in loved ones missing out on their inheritance. Writing a Will can be a difficult task without expert help. However, at W Davies, we provide specialised advice, giving you peace of mind that your affairs will be in order.
If you wish to leave money to a partner, friends or charity then it is essential to prepare a Will, as such beneficiaries will not stand to inherit should an intestacy arise (if you die without a Will).
A properly-drafted Will can ensure that your intended beneficiaries receive a proportion of your estate in accordance with your wishes. If you are looking for a Will writer in Woking, W Davies Solicitors is here to help.
Why make a Will with W Davies?
- We will help you to ensure that your Will is valid and effective. Our experienced and qualified solicitors will guide you through the process carefully.
- Some of our solicitors are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (www.step.org), Solicitors for the Elderly (www.solicitorsfortheelderly.com) and hold the STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation.
- Making a Will should be an interactive, face-to-face process with the opportunity to ask questions and discuss matters, to ensure that all of your needs are met.
- Unlike many “Will Writers”, we are fully regulated by a professional body to a high standard. Many Will Writers are legally unqualified, uninsured, untraceable and levy extra charges on top of what is advertised.
- We will gladly review existing Wills and provide advice on any changes which we would recommend making.
Unfortunately, the W Davies Private Client Department will not be taking part in this year’s Will Aid, but we hope to do so again next year.
We are proud to have worked with Will Aid since 2011, raising money for the Will Aid charities each November.
Will Aid is an event that takes place every year, where individuals and couples have the opportunity to make a simple Will (or mirror Wills) for a reduced cost, by making a donation to Will Aid.
We are very pleased to have been named one of Will Aid’s Top Donating Solicitors in 2014, having raised £7,305 for Will Aid 2014, as at the date of presentation.
We have raised a total of £15,246 since we first took part in Will Aid, and are very excited to continue working and raising for them in the future.
For more information on which charities benefit from the proceeds of Will Aid, please visit (www.willaid.org.uk).
Please contact Lisa Fay at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to speak to us about Will Aid at W Davies and making a Will under the scheme.