About David Main
Commercial & Company Team
David gained two Law degrees from Aberdeen University (1972 and 1974). He qualified as a Solicitor in 1976, in Scotland. In 1978, David moved to England, to work in international media commerce: book publishing; TV news; then 12 years at Sony Music International, as VP Business Development. In these media fields, David: negotiated overseas, then drafted, many high-value Licence and Distribution Agreements; managed territories; and set up numerous new foreign affiliates (each achieving early Return On Investment). Working in 80+ countries augmented his legal experience and honed his business skills.
In 2002, David returned to legal private practice. Via the conversion exam (“QLTS”) he qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales. He joined W. Davies in 2002, as a Consultant Solicitor.
David is comfortable in French and has abilities in Spanish, German and some other languages.
David’s areas of practice include:
- Commercial matters: Commercial Agreements; Terms & Conditions for Goods/ Services; Partnerships/LLPs
- Franchises; Business Sales/Purchases; Business Law advice
- Intellectual Property issues: Copyright; Trademarks; Passing-off; Design Rights
- Media business; Agreements for Licence, Distribution, Publishing deals (Music/Book); business guidance for Musicians, Artists and Authors; commercialisation of IP rights
- IT-related matters: Software & Design Issues linked to IP
- Data Protection issues: Privacy Policies / Notices
Email David: email@example.com
Telephone: 01483 744900