About David Main
Commercial & Company Team
David gained two Law degrees from Aberdeen University (1972 and 1974). He qualified as a Solicitor in 1976, in Scotland. In 1978, David moved to England, to work in international media commerce: book publishing; TV news; then 12 years at Sony Music International, as VP Business Development. In these media fields, David: negotiated overseas, then drafted, many high-value Licence and Distribution Agreements; managed territories; and set up numerous new foreign affiliates (each achieving early Return On Investment). Working in 80+ countries augmented his legal experience and honed his business skills.
In 2002, David returned to legal private practice. Via the conversion exam (“QLTS”) he qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales. He joined W. Davies in 2002, as a Consultant Solicitor.
David is comfortable in French and has abilities in Spanish, German and some other languages. His interests include travel, writing, reading, drawing and cinema.
David’s areas of practice include:
- Commercial matters: Commercial Agreements; Terms & Conditions for Goods/ Services; Partnerships/LLPs
- Franchises; Business Sales/Purchases; Business Law advice
- Intellectual Property issues: Copyright; Trademarks; Passing-off; Design Rights
- Media business; Agreements for Licence, Distribution, Publishing deals (Music/Book); business guidance for Musicians, Artists and Authors; commercialisation of IP rights
- IT-related matters: Software & Design Issues linked to IP
- Data Protection issues: Privacy Policies / Notices
Email David: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01483 744900