Conveyancing – Purchase Checklist
When buying a property, there can be a lot to remember. Use our Purchase Checklist to help keep track of all the bits and pieces and ensure you don’t forget anything along the way.
One Month Before :-
- You may find it useful to keep a file or folder of all correspondence relevant to your new house purchase.
- It is useful to keep a list of contact names, numbers and addresses
- Make a note of all organisations you will need to inform about your move for example bank, credit card providers, house and car insurance providers, employer, utility companies.
- You will also need to inform other interested parties, such as doctors, dentists, opticians and the DVLA so that you may change the address of your driving licence.
- Get quotes from removal/van hire company and make a provisional booking
- Start packing
On the Day:-
- Confirm moving date and change over with utility companies at the address you are leaving and your new house address
- Have cash, phone and chargers to hand
- Have essentials packed together to get you through your first day in your new home including kettle, tea, coffee, milk, toilet paper, soap, towels, bin liners
If you have any questions about buying a property or would like to make an appointment with one of our conveyancing solicitors in Woking, please contact us on 01483 744900 or email Maureen Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selling a property as well as buying, there will be even more for you to try and remember at such a busy time. We have created a similar checklist for anyone selling a property which can be accessed here. If you have any questions about our Purchase or Sale Checklist, please feel free to contact us at any time, and we will be happy to help.