Before your project commences, you must have a clear, practical strategy for your planning aims. Failure to ensure this could result in delays and escalating costs. Successful town and country planning requires a comprehensive understanding of technical laws, environmental factors and strategic policy plans.
The advice which you will receive from our solicitors can cover all aspects of planning law and practice – from new buildings and developments to change of use, conservation areas and listed buildings. Your planning applications will be reviewed by us, together with supporting documentation and environmental statements and any enforcement and planning appeals. On your behalf, we will negotiate with planning authorities and relevant third parties. Where required, we will pursue other legal challenges.
Our areas of planning practice include:
- Submitting planning applications of all types, negotiating consents and appeals
- Preparation and advocacy at local planning inquiries and hearings
- Representation at public inquiries on behalf of developers Environmental and sustainability issues
- Development projects, urban renewal, retail and leisure schemes
- Negotiations for planning permissions or amendments to draft plans
- Section 106 Agreements and undertakings
- Planning conditions
- Enforcement issues: breach of condition, enforcement notice appeals and stop notices
- Listed buildings, ancient monuments, conservation areas and tree preservation
- SSSI and other specially protected areas
- Crown land
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- Changes of use, enforcement issues and associated matters
- Day-to-day enquiries on all aspects of development
- Minerals and waste issues.
Your application will be subjected to W Davies’ rounded approach, to ensure that it is valid, thus maximising its chance of succeeding. Above all, you will receive advice from us that is aimed at achieving your overall commercial objectives.
Contact us to ask about our planning services
For more information about our Planning Services, please contact us on 01483 744900 or use the enquiry form opposite.