Commercial & Company
Our Commercial & Company Department can help you in every aspect of the day-to-day functioning of a company or partnership. Shareholders can also obtain advice on whether companies have correctly followed relevant procedures. Throughout our 100+ years of operation, we have always aimed to be seen not just as legal advisers to our corporate clients, but also as your business partners.
Whatever your corporate involvement, you can benefit from our firm’s experience of more than a century in acting for a wide range of small to medium-sized companies, plus some rather larger, multi-national corporate entities. Together with our expertise, this experience guarantees swift, concise solutions to your business needs.
Our Commercial areas of practice include:
- Establishing new businesses – which could include e.g. joint ventures, partnership
- Limited Liability Partnership (“LLP”) documentation and other agreements
- Buying an existing business
- Selling your business
- Drafting commercial documents and contracts, including:
– purchase / sale / supply agreements
– manufacturing, distribution, franchising and agency agreements
– trial, pilot, research and development contracts
– supply terms and conditions of business
- Advising on legal aspects of current businesses and reviewing existing contracts
- Involvement in business sale, purchase, restructuring, or expansion
- Advice on the impact of changes to business law
- Commercial matters involving IP and / or IT elements
We can provide you with Company advice in relation to:
- Forming a company
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate Restructure
- Shareholders’ Agreements
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- All aspects of Limited Liability Partnerships
- Joint ventures
- Business sales and purchases
Our Commercial & Company Services
A properly-drafted commercial contract will serve as the framework for any business activity you propose.
We combine specialist legal knowledge with business awareness, undertaking a full range of Commercial Property work.
Whether you wish to set up a new company, or to restructure an existing one, our specialist Corporate solicitors can help you.
To be able to regain assets, the Company needs to be restored to the Register of Companies. There are specific procedures and processes to follow.
IP & IT
You can receive from us the benefit not only of the relevant knowledge of intellectual property law, but also of many years of practical business application experience in the first-hand use of IP Rights.
Under the Licensing Act 2003, your premises need to be licensed if you are selling hot food or drink after 11pm. This is a requirement of which late night food establishments need to be aware. We can advise and assist you with this.
Thank you for your care and attention to my matter, your personal service has helped me through a difficult situation
I would fully recommend your firm and again, I thank you for all your help.
Thank you so much for handling the transfer of my property and for your knowledge and expertise in making sure I don’t experience any nasty problems later on
I felt it really important to write to you to congratulate and thank your firm for the invaluable help I have received.