W DaviesLoading ...
Box Icon Licensing


The power to grant, revoke or vary licences is dealt with by the local licensing authority.


Under the Licensing Act 2003, your premises need to be licensed if you are selling hot food or drink after 11pm. This is a requirement of which late night food establishments need to be aware.


Licensing Services

W Davies can advise in all types of licensing matters, including:

  • Alcohol and entertainment licensing
  • Late night refreshment licensing
  • Objections to applications for alcohol and entertainment licences
  • Betting and gaming licensing

We can assist you in the following:

  • Applications for new Premises Licences
  • Applications to varying existing Premises Licences
  • Planning issues
  • Applications for new and variations of existing Club Premises Certificates
  • Applications for Personal Licences
  • Contested applications, including representation before the local authority licensing committee, the Magistrates court and if necessary the Court of Appeal
  • Restrictions / closure orders

We are also experienced in dealing with other matters that often arise in connection with Licensed Premises including– staff issues, door supervisor issues, landlord & tenant matters and lease issues. If you have a licensing problem, or are thinking about taking over existing Licensed Premises then please call us for a confidential chat.

Contact us to ask about our Licensing services

Select Personal or Business? *
Select Personal or Business? *